Excellent opportunity to acquire a well-established and profitable Inn and event center, located in one of the hottest Southern New Hampshire markets. The Silver Fountain Inn is within walking distance to downtown Dover, NH nearby the University of New Hampshire Durham campus, the Children’s Museum, and only minutes away from a number of private schools.
Built in 1871, the Silver Fountain Inn is a beautifully maintained three-story Victorian Bed & Breakfast inn located in historic downtown Dover, NH. Home to the Williams family for nearly a century, its elegant design remains an excellent example of the post-Civil War era. Customers can relax and enjoy a wonderful stay at The Silver Fountain Inn in one of ten elegant rooms that provide the comforts of home with the luxury of being pampered.
The property includes a Carriage House for events and other functions. The event space has beautiful chandeliers that light up the room, and Victorian details that bring charm to any event or gathering. The Carriage House was built to accommodate larger parties of up to 60. It’s the perfect place for intimate weddings, showers, reunions, bereavement luncheons, business meetings, retirements, birthday parties, and family gatherings plus many more get-togethers.
The second floor of the Carriage House has a newly renovated one bedroom, two bath Owner’s Quarters. This space could be used for the new Owners, manager quarters or as another room or long term stay unit.
Everywhere you look, there are new development projects going on in Dover and there is a major need for more lodging for visitors. Many are calling Dover the next Portsmouth, NH and now is the time to get into this hospitality market.
Asking price for Business & Real Estate: $2,875,000
2022 Revenues: $663,000
Furniture, Fixtures, & Equipment (FF&E): All included
2022 Seller Discretionary Income: $292,000
Description of Property offered with the Sale:
- 103 Silver St, Dover, NH
- Built in 1881 – Antique, Carriage, Victorian style
- 8,927+/- SF finished space and Total is 11,489+/- SF
- On 0.49 acres
- Three stories with 10 uniquely appointed guest rooms each with ensuite bathrooms.
- A Kitchen in the Main House services luncheons and themed events for guests and the public.
- A detached carriage house hosts intimate events for up to 60 guests with spacious private owner’s quarters on the second floor.
- 15 off-street parking spaces directly behind the Inn.
- Beautifully landscaped space outdoors provides additional space for weddings, showers, and other events.
- One could convert the entire carriage house to 3 to 4 additional rooms or keep the event center and add 2 guest rooms on the second floor in the owner’s quarters subject to City approval.
- Zoning is Heritage Residential District (HR)
Competition: There are types of lodging in the area but nothing similar and it’s not easy to find an intimate event space that holds up to 60 people.
Growth & Expansion: The Business has very strong customer reviews on all the major travel sites. Opportunities for growth are outlined in the confidential package.
Support & Training: Seller is willing to assist in support and training.
Reason for Selling: Divestiture
To Receive the Confidential Package on this business please complete the attached NDA and email to email@example.com or fax back to us at 603-501-3241. The location listed on the map below is not correct.
Real Estate offered through our Broker, Bean Group, 1-800-450-7784.
Some images below: